Tuesday, January 31, 2006

1.00 AM

Well, it's a few minutes short but what the hell.
Anyway, I met some friends from Sunderland tonight. It was quite fun, even though only a few of us that could make it. There's actually something funny about them. These people that I met, I actually only knows them only for a few weeks. That's because when they start enrolling in Sunderland University, I was already finished my course and ready to go back home.

The funny thing? Well, I actually feel more comfortable with them than the people that I actually start the term with. See, when I come to Sunderland, I came alone and I didn't know anybody. The people who start the term at the same time as I did, was either came with a friend, or they get to know each other before I arrive. And since I prefer to live with other international student, I didn't exactly get much chance of knowing them too well.

There are about 2 or 3 circles of friends in my time there, and I'm not in either of them. That's not saying that I don't know them at all or we never hang out together, but lets just say that I'm not exactly the first person they ask to do things with them, since they tend to do things within their own circle of friend.

It's completely different with the new guys.
One thing that strikes well with me is, that they really make an effort to get to know everybody. In my last 2-3 weeks, I have more get together dinner in their place than I had for a year with the other indonesians. It's nice, and I'm more than happy to participate. I felt that I'm really a part of something. I use to think that maybe, being the odd man out with the 'old guys', I'm the one that should make more effort. But I wonder if that's really the case.

Maybe it's just the case that these new people are more compatible with me, than the other indonesians. Maybe it's a combination of all the things above. Well it doesn't matter anyway. It's not that I have any problem with the 'old' Sunderland citizens. They were nice people, and sometimes, that's all you could ask for, and I'm grateful for that.

2 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kasiyaaannnn de looooo fid... hehehehehehe... !!!
jangan nggak dateng ke kawinannya dimas ya... nanti kumpul2 lagi... okeh !

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Chafid said...

iya deh buuu..:P
Psst.. jangan bilang2 yehh, hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home