Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Welcome 2006

Yay! my first post after 2 month hiatus!
First, let me say, happy new year for all of you out there. I've been really busy with work and all, and didn't have the time to update this blog.
Which is too bad, because I come up with some fantastic ideas back then. Here is the example how even the hardest work couldn't contain a creative mind. *puke at the back*

Anyway, in the 2 months, I have:
- Watch these movies:
* Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
* Monty Python: The Life of Brian
* King Kong
* Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
* Crash
- Working for 20 hours non-stop (fucking stupid deadline)
- Get 4 nice days off work (albeit it supposed to be 5, fucking stupid client)
- Got my iPod stolen from my backpack
- Re-read Harry Potter, from Prisoner of Azkaban to The Half-blood Prince
- Hope vainlessly that Chelsea would somehow fuck off and lost another game
- Try to reclaim my mp3s collection which were lost along with the stolen iPod.
- Come to at least 4 weddings and forgot another 4.
- Join a Winning Eleven League, and now at the bottom of the table
- Found out that a lady in my french class is actually my friend's wife and was mates with my junior high friend (small world eh?).
- Found out that no matter how smart you think you are, French is a language for anyone who doesn't have anything else in their mind.
- There are more, but I'm not going to list them all.

I've got to admit that's not enough drama there for even a 30 minutes show, but it's a boring life anyway.

I've read Stania's blog from time to time, and as she's an excellent writer, her blog is quite entertaining. The post about another person named Stania intrigued me as well.
I've done a search in google, and to my surprise, there are actually another person who I share a first name. I always thought that my first name is unique. I can always use my first name for e-mail accounts, forum's user name etc. But there's actually another Mr Chafid, or in full Mr Chafid Fandeli, a lecturer in University of Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta. But I'm not going to contact him and tell him that we share the same first name though.

I also realized that spammers are infested my blog, I'm not sure how to handle this now tbh, as I like letting people putting comments on my blog. Perhaps I could use another comment service, which have anti-spam utility, but I can't be bothered to registered and all that.

If you see my list up there, you can see that there are 2 Harry Potter related issues. Well, I love Harry Potter books, I really do. Here are books that eventhough was labeled as 'children books' has enough layer and depth to attract older audience.

When I read a book, I usually read quite fast because I really wanted to know what happen next. The thing with this kind of reading, although you know what happened straight away, you rarely notice the little things that enrich the characters, or subtle hints that would be beneficial for the whole plot, especially with a series like Harry Potter. So, after watching the movie, I read the books again. And this time, since I already know what's going on, I read at slower pace, and picked up things that I don't get at the first time. And I found myself fall in love with the series again.

Here, the so-called children books managed to keep my usually short attention for weeks.

I found that Sirius Black is actually is a very flawed personality, a kid that never grew up as he always compare Harry with his deceased father, which was his best mate.

I found that even though I found Harry's tantrum in the Order of the Phoenix book testing my nerve, it's really a very natural reaction of being 15 years old and had your head on the chopping block for 5 year.

I found that Order of The Phoenix book is actually an excellently written story eventhough it doesn't have the 'mystery-whodunnit' storyline, which was my first main attraction to Harry Potter books.

I found that whilst Gilderoy Lockhart character from Chamber of Secret book is a critique on those 'fake' celebrities who put style over substance and crave for public attention, he's actually a hillarious and fun character to read.

I found that the trio in Harry Potter very much resemble Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia dynamics.

I found that one of the best moral lessons that I picked from Harry Potter books is that is your choice that defines who you are.

I found alot of things that can't be put all into writing.

That's probably all for now
Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home