Friday, July 29, 2005

Another after work post

Since I'm in the 'quote posting' mood for the last weeks, I shall continue with another quote. I few months back, I post this quote from a friend:

"our emotions aren't simple reactions to events, they colour the whole process of perceiving and judging events"

Well, since that's perfectly valid, I was wondering whether anyone have the capability of removing all of his/her emotion when making a judgement. Even in courts of law, where jury have to make decisions on presented evidence, lawyers put great lengths to make sure that the jury and the judge sympathize with them and their clients.

I obviously can't to be honest. And I don't think it's possible either. Emotions comes with being human. No matter what, you tend to have certain level of bias, especially for things you're passionate about. That's why I think we should hear what our heart saying a bit more. Because deep down, I think any sane human actually know what they supposed to do, the problem is, they just don't act on it. There's this line from "The Wedding Crasher" that said,
"Scientist said that we only use 10% of our brain, but I think we only use 10% of our heart"

Cheers

3 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About quoting behavior -Umberto Eco once said that this is the irony of modern people. We read lots of book, we quote the sources -until we can't say the simple expression of "I love you" without starting it with "As Barbara Cartland said..."

But I think you can say it, blogowner :p

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how grown-ups make their own judgement?

If you were to say to the grown-ups: "I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof", they would not be able to get any idea of that house at all.

You would have to say to them: "I saw a house that cost $20,000."

Then they would exclaim: "Oh, what a pretty house that is!"

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Chafid said...

Books, songs, movies are created as quotable sources. To not quote them would be a crime ;). You know, there will come a time when someone said, "As Chafid said.." :P.

Anyway, grown ups are no fun. I'd rather have my inner-child intact, hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home