Friday, September 10, 2004

losing faith in society

Some time ago, I posted my review on Spider-Man 2. In that review, I mention a few things that I don't like about the first one. One of them is that scene in the bridge where people of New York helped Spidey fights the Green Goblin. A few days ago, I realize why I didn't like that scene, it's because I think that's scene is too unrealistic. "Hah, but that's a comic book movie! of course it's unrealistic!" I hear you said. Of course, but even in comic book movies that are some things that based on reality. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, I found it hard to believe that in society, or in this case people who lives in (big) cities, could care much about anybody else but themselves. According to me, the most logical action in that situation is just run for your live. Come on, the bad guy have weapons that could turn a man into dust just in a matter of seconds, and they're throwing rocks at him???

IMHO, society is a bunch of self egoistic individuals who thinks only about themselves. They don't care about anybody else, as long as they're not bothered. So, doing something for a complete stranger, is really out of question. I don't think it's entirely their fault anyway, cause I believe that most people are like that stemmed by their instinct for survival. If you want to lived in a big bad world, you must become a big bad person. As someone said on the redcafe forum, the older we get, the more cynical we get. We used to think that everybody is good unless proven otherwise, now it's the other way around.

Maybe I should take a leaf out of Batman's book..

Batman: "I trust no one"
Martian Manhunter: "a wise policy"

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger snydez said...

shouldn't it should be fox mulder line? hrhrhrhr :P

ah.. i trust no virtuality

 

Post a Comment

<< Home