Thursday, February 26, 2004

Perfect Stranger

Ever had that moment out of the blue when you got a help from total stranger?
Well mine happened a few hours ago. I lost my part time job for some suspicious reasons, and I feel my confidence is running low at that time. (It's a cleaner job for God sake!, how stupid can you be getting fired from that kind of job?). I lost any desire to cook for dinner so I decided to get some at a local KFC. Just after I'm about to finished my dinner, a old bearded guy behind me called "So how's life in Phillipines?". I said, "no no I'm not a Phillipines, I'm an Indonesian".

His face brighten at my response and he said "Apa kabar?" I found out that he's actually a malaysian guy who have lived in UK for quite some time. And he's very happy he could find someone who could speak malay. We chatted for some time, and after a while I realized that he have a very positive attitude towards life. After I told him about my misfortune on the part time job, he immediately said not to worry. Forget about it and look ahead, find another job. He then told me his stories about his efforts to find a job when he first came here. Suddenly I don't feel so bad anymore. Is it just amazing how I could find someone who's so positive when I feel really negative. He even gave me the job vacancy section of his newspaper. After a while his daughter called and ready to picked him out. We said goodbye and he told me to contact him if I need any help.

I walked home feeling much better. God bless that man.

currently playing: Why Does It Always Rain on Me? - Travis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home