Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Afterwork posts

What to write.. what to write..

It's 16:40 and my head is killing me, and my eyes are tired. Still a long way to go home.. so I'm stuck with staring at the monitor and listening to Jason Mraz's Wordplay.

Watch a few movies in the last few weeks. Coincidentally both include Christian Bale. The first is an interesting story about loss, guilt and redemption in The Machinist. Here, Bale played as a man who haven't sleep in a year. Good movie, although the end was a bit meh.. but still good nonetheless. The interesting part is, for this movie Bale shed almost half his normal weight and at 6'2" he weight just 60 kg for the role. His skeleton looks were creepy, and I was suprised that 5 months later, he managed to bulk up for the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman Begins.

I become a new fan of Bale, because this is the first time someone managed to play both side of the character perfectly. The movie itself was excellent, great story and acting from the casts. Batman Begins is a story of loss guilt and redemption.. oh wait, I said that before already didn't I? Well it's true..although in a completely different way, both movies have the same issues told. Bruce Wayne guilt and loss drive him to become the city greatest champion. Bale said in an interview, that Batman is Bruce Wayne redemption. His way of dealing with the lost of his parents, as well as living up to his family legacy.

Anyway.. 17:40 now, headache is beginning to fade, but I have no doubt that it will come back again when I start working again..

fire away.. or as Adam West said in the old Batman TV series: "Same bat-site, same bat-url"

ugh.. that was bad..

1 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger serenity said...

ah, tapi kayaknya ngomongnya terlalu di-bisik bisikin deh. line yang "it is not how I look, but what I do defines me" itu kan mustinya jadi kayak "memento" di movienya... bale fails to do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home